Monday, December 22, 2008

Tips For Staying Healthy While Working At Home

If you're looking for ways to keep in shape while working from home, try some of these ideas:

Pace yourself.
Think of brisk walks and yoga as rewards for your work. One thing I like to do is go for a short walk after two or three hours of work. It wakes my brain back up and gets my blood flowing.

Fidget.
Although it may not be a substantial calorie-burner, fidgeting still does burn calories. Don't let yourself slump away on the couch with your laptop. Instead, remain upright at a desk and you'll find yourself fidgeting more frequently.

Stand for your calls.
I like to pace around the house when I'm on a call. It's a good opportunity for me to get away from my desk and stretch my muscles.

Don't munch.
Make specific time for food. Do not munch all day. When you're working, you're distracted from monitoring exactly how much food you're eating.

Take your eyes away from the computer.
I heard once that your eyes should be off of the computer screen ten minutes for every hour. And I believe it. If I stare at the computer for too long, my eyes feel strained and ache. Make time each hour to look at something else or, if you're so inclined, just close your eyes. This will prevent a lot of those headaches you've probably gotten from staring at the computer for too long.

It's not fair of us to lower our standard of health just because we're working at home. Doing something green, like working from home, shouldn't have to come at the price of our health, right? Fortunately it doesn't

0 comments until now.